- January - February 8 a.m. to 5.3 p.m.
- March - April 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- May - August 8 a.m. to 6.3 p.m.
- Sept. - Oct. 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Nov. - Dec. 8 a.m. to 5.3 p.m.
The zoo is open 365 days a year. An overview of our opening hours can be found here.
- Adults (aged 25 to 61) CHF 21.-
- Young people (aged 16 to 24) CHF 15.-
- Children (aged 6 to 15) CHF 10.-
- Senior citizens aged 62 and over CHF 19.-
Vouchers and online tickets available from the online shop
Basel Zoo is in the heart of the city of Basel. Whether you are arriving on foot or by car, it is easy to get to from anywhere. Find out all you need to know about getting here.
See an overview of the entire zoo with our zoo map. You can download the map here or pick one up from our payment desks. An interactive zoo map is also available.
We will keep you going during your visit to Basel Zoo with fresh, regional treats served in our two restaurants and our cafeteria.
Feeding times and penguin walks
Watch the animals at Basel Zoo feeding.
Dogs are unfortunately not permitted at Basel Zoo.
Please note the rules for photography at Basel Zoo.
Find out more about Basel Zoo’s various animals – from A to Z – in our animal encyclopaedia.
Our FAQs contain answers to frequently asked questions about Basel Zoo.
March – October
Open from 9 a.m. until 15 minutes before the zoo closes
November – February
Open from 10 a.m. until 15 minutes before the zoo closes